-
January 25th, 2003, 02:58 AM
#11
Inactive Member
Alichino....I've seen the artwork and a friend told me the japanese kanji is really complicated...that's why I never bought it...what's the story about?
What little of the artwork I saw, I liked it:
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
-
January 25th, 2003, 03:34 AM
#12
Inactive Member
Hee-hee ^_^ Here's something I can actually partially contribute to. [img]cool.gif[/img]
Alchino's are beings that can grant anywish you desire, at a very dear price of course. ^_^
Here's a couple of linkies that will tell you all about it and let me say I vote for it as well as a new title suggestion. ^-^
Alichino Info 1
And here's another ^_^. Like it was said before it's complex so I'll let you read what it's about.
Alichino Site ^_^
Jebus the main character is [img]eek.gif[/img] ...so beautiful
Gah I'm getting off track ^^;;;
Apparently the Kanji is complicated/hard to read, ^^;; but my votes for it! Pweeeeeaaase?
-
January 25th, 2003, 04:17 AM
#13
Inactive Member
Another suggestion... E's by Satoru Yuiga. It's got really pretty art, but the story line is all convoluted and angsty and stuff (psychically gifted kids being used for Nefarious Purposes by Big Bad Corporation Inc.) and I've got volumes 1-8.
The thing is I've got it in Japanese, and possibly someone else might be working on the project? I've seen one chapter scanslated out there... I don't know where it came from or who was doing it or if they're still doing it though.
-
January 25th, 2003, 09:52 AM
#14
HB Forum Owner
Wow! Alchino...the artwork is simply gorgeous. And yes, just as the page that Seiika provided says...it reminds me of Yuki's most recent artwork. It's so beautiful! ^^
It also looks difficult to find. T___T I'll go scraping the bottoms of Hong Kong looking for it, and report back on my success (or unsuccess *sniff*) later! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
And E's still in consideration!
-
January 25th, 2003, 02:23 PM
#15
Inactive Member
If you guys can find someone to do the scanning and editing on E's, I can translate or help translate... ^_^
-
January 25th, 2003, 05:04 PM
#16
HB Forum Owner
[img]eek.gif[/img] at Carole Ann. Really? You would do that? [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Because...I just went out and...I couldn't find it. -__- (I'll keep looking, but what I've noticed is that the Japanese Dept. stores in HK usually stock the titles that sell the best without regard for how beautiful the art is. *sniff*) It hasn't been translated into Chinese yet, so the Japanese version would be just fine! I'd probably go around putting a huge ad on the front page of s-c.net for anyone with decent Japanese experience. (erk...the Kanji is supposed to be hard. Well...I suppose I could give the Kanji meanings to the translator... ^^***)
Where would you get your manga, Carole? Just curious! It wouldn't help me much though, unless that place shipped to Hong Kong as well and didn't charge crazy shipping prices in the process. -__-
Unrelated side complaint:
Bad part about Hong Kong = buying English books. Easiest thing is to ship from the U.S. through Amazon, etc...bad thing is shipping price. X(
-
January 25th, 2003, 05:51 PM
#17
Inactive Member
Woohoo, Alichino scanlation would be the best thing on earth!!! I think alot of people would like it ^_^...
-
January 25th, 2003, 08:27 PM
#18
Inactive Member
XD!!!
Sorry about that Carol Anne (Like you really mind it though [img]wink.gif[/img] )
I was sucked in the moment I saw The character Yue from the story. One picture and I never forgot it. Amazing I found it again. Yesh pweeeeeaaaaaase scanslate it pwease? Even if we have to start a scan alichino fund I'd contribute!
On a side note (Alichino comes from Dante's inferno which happens to be one of my all time favorite stories ^__^)
-
January 25th, 2003, 09:25 PM
#19
Inactive Member
Yeah! This pics are so beautifull! *want to read Alichino* [img]tongue.gif[/img] I'm so sorry that I've been learning japanese for a few weeks and can't read kanji. [img]frown.gif[/img] (( *have to learn faster* Hope we find someone who rules japanese.
-
January 25th, 2003, 09:52 PM
#20
Inactive Member
Crisis: I checked out my usual dealers...=D first I looked at Chinese Online...then Nikaku...the Archonia had it listed but they were out of stock!! ;_;...then I surfed over to Sasuga Japanese Bookstore...they have the first three books ^___^ Since I live in the US the books will only cost $30 including shipping...unfortunalty the Internationl shipping is $12.50 for the first item...and $5 for each additional 0_0 and first time international buyers have to pay using Money Order...They kill you with shipping! Besides I got a brand spanking new scanner for Christmas and have had NOTHING to scan! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] I haven't spent money on any manga for months and just itching to spend some cash on a well drawn comic. Alichino is calling to me [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Consider it a done deal. [img]cool.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks